Medical Prefixes & Suffixes app for iPhone and iPad
5840 ratings )
Current version: 3.1
, last update: 6 months ago
First release : 26 Oct 2009
App size: 1.87 Mb
Medical Prefixes & Suffixes is a gorgeous and engaging app that quickly boosts your ability to identify, define and apply medical prefixes and suffixes at school and at work.
We’ve redesigned this app from the ground up with a beautiful new interface and 20+ new features to swiftly get you comfortable with medical terminology.
• A comprehensive database of over 1,000 medical prefixes and suffixes.
• Three interactive medical terminology flashcard study modes.
• Two comprehensive medical prefix/suffix search modes.
• An interactive and customizable quiz that makes learning medical prefixes & suffixes easier, quicker and more enjoyable. You can quiz yourself on prefixes/suffixes or their definitions. You can also quiz yourself on bookmarked prefixes/suffixes.
• Ability to bookmark medical prefix/suffix flashcards.
• Ability to review and study bookmarked flashcards.
• We’ve included example medical words with each prefix/suffix.
Pros and cons of Medical Prefixes & Suffixes app for iPhone and iPad
Medical Prefixes & Suffixes app good for
Its helpful while I study for my med tests. I only gave it four stars because I would like to be able to put in the word and have the prefix and suffix come up for that word. Simple to use.
As an instructor of Med Term, this is the best app that I suggest for students. This app is the only one that provides the combining vowel in the words which I stress as important to know. Each word root has its own combining vowel and knowing which goes with the word is paramount in properly identifying the suffixes vs. the word root. For example, calc(i), chol(e), perin(e) are different that than those with the most common combining vowel of (o). This is the only currently available app that provides the most accurate medical terminology references. I love it! I use it during class to quickly produce examples of word parts Im teaching.
such a help in my class. the old version was okay. this version is so much better. the app is so much prettier! i use the app to study while on the bus or in between classes. i emailed the developer about some missing terms and roots and he was responsive. he added my suggestions in this version. the quiz is helpful. i use the flashcards mostly. i also like that i can finally add more than 100 terms to my bookmarks.
Some bad moments
I like it but it only allows you to bookmark 100 and in Med Term that is not even close to what u need. You need a many hundreds! I dont like that I see the word and the answer at the same time as well.
Uh hello!? There are a heck of a lot more prefixes and suffixes then what is in this app. Get ya lyfe!